- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 3 mild Italian sausage links, casings removed
- ½ cup Acini di Pepe Pasta, or Orzo Pasta
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano, freshly chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot and sauté carrots, onion, and celery until tender, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 more minute. Meanwhile, remove casings from sausage links and roll the meat into 1/2″ balls.
Stir in chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil. Add sausage balls to the soup and cook for 4 minutes. Then stir in pasta and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Add in spinach, parsley, and oregano and cook until spinach wilts into soup. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!