Cook Time and Yield
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Yields: 2 servings
- 2 vegan burgers
- Vegetable or sunflower oil for frying
- 12 vegetable peeler shavings from small peeled carrot
- 12 vegetable peeler shavings from peeled small white turnip
- 12 vegetable peeler shavings from Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 medium fresh basil leaves
- 2 soft bread rolls
Note: Different types of burgers will require different cooking times and potentially different cooking methods. The instructions on the particular pack should always be followed, where applicable. The burgers in this instance required to be gently shallow-fried from frozen for 20 minutes.
- Pour a little oil into a non-stick frying pan, bring it up to a medium heat and fry the burgers gently for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- When the burgers are on to cook, add the turnip, carrot and apple peelings to a large bowl. Pour over the white wine vinegar and season with a little salt. Carefully stir/toss with a wooden spoon.
- When the burgers are ready, roll the basil leaves, shred and toss through the salad.
- Cut the bread rolls in half and lift a burger on to the bottom half of each. Lift the salad from the vinegar with tongs, shake gently and divide evenly between the burgers before laying the roll tops in place to serve.