Cook Time and Yield
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 1 serving
- 6 medium baby new potatoes
- 1 ounce (¼ stick) butter
- Generous shake smoked paprika
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ¼ small white turnip
- 8 cold-cut style slices chorizo
- Wash the potatoes and cut them to approximately one-inch chunks. Add to a large pot of cold, salted water and bring the water to a medium simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the empty pot. Add the smoked paprika and the butter and gently swirl the pot to melt the butter and evenly distribute the spice.
- Wash the baby spinach leaves under running cold water in a colander and shake dry. Add them to the still hot potatoes. stir carefully with a wooden spoon and put the lid on the pot. Set aside for a few minutes and the spinach will wilt a little in the residual heat.
- The tomatoes should be halved by making half-inch cuts at alternate forty-five degree angles around the circumference with the point of a sharp knife. In each instance, make the cut through to the core. The tomato halves should then be gently pulled apart and the seeds scooped out with a teaspoon.
- Peel and grate the white turnip and season with a little salt before using it to stuff the tomato halves.
- Lay a stuffed tomato half at each corner of a square plate and lay two overlapping chorizo slices at each side.
- Carefully spoon the spiced potatoes and spinach in to the centre of the plate to serve.