- 2/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 4 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings
🥮Step1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
For the cake:
🥮Step1: Beat all cake ingredients except eggs in a large bowl with a mixer until well combined. Add eggs, and beat for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.
🥮Step2: Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centers come out clean.
Step3: Cool 10 min. Remove to wire racks. Let cool completely.
For the frosting:
🥮Step1: Microwave chocolate and butter in a large bowl for 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. let cool.