- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 cups Rice Chex™ cereal, finely crushed
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 medium carrot, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
2 In large bowl, mix beef, cereal, tomato sauce, carrot, parsley, salt, pepper and eggs just until combined. Press half of beef mixture into pan. Spread mashed potatoes on top; cover with remaining beef mixture. Spread ketchup on top.
3 Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of meat reads 165°F. Cool 15 minutes; cut into 4 squares.