- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas thawed
- 1/3 cup thin sliced red onions
- 6 hard-boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
In a large clear bowl or trifle dish layer the iceberg lettuce (reserving about 2 cups), tomatoes, peas and onions. Using the sliced eggs position them on their sides.
Use any extra eggs and the reserved lettuce to sturdy them. Spread the dressing over the top and smooth to seal. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
Right before serving top with shredded cheese, bacon and green onions.