- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour gluten free, if needed
- 1 cup sugar white, brown, coconut, or sugar free subs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoon oil of choice canola, vegetable, safflower, or any neutral oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Homemade caramel sauce can use store bought
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting Optional
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your wet ingredients and mix until a thick cake batter remains.
Transfer your cake batter into the greased pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan completely.
Once the cake is cool, frost with the caramel. For a salted caramel, add a sprinkle of salt all over it. If you make a layer cake, feel free to add chocolate frosting on top.