- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and cubed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 (21 oz) can strawberry pie filling
- Vanilla cheesecake mousse:
- 2 ( oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar divided
- 4 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 angel food or vanilla pound cake cubed
Mix together the cubed strawberries with 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1 juiced lemon. Stir well then set aside to macerate while you make the filling.
Whip together 2  oz softened cream cheese with 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 1/2 cup heavy cream. Add 1 Tbsp pure vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until creamy, fluffy and combined. In a separate bowl, whip the remaining 2 1/2 cup heavy cream with 1/2 cup powdered sugar, more if desired. Whip until stiff peaks form.
Fold 2 cup of the whipped sweetened fresh cream into the cheesecake mixture by hand. Reserve the remaining whipped sweetened fresh cream for the top of the trifle.
Add the strawberry pie filling to the macerated strawberries, mix well.
To assemble, alternate layers of cubed cake, strawberries, and vanilla cheesecake mousse. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
Top with the remaining sweetened fresh whipped cream and garnish as desired. Chill for 3-4 hours prior to serving.
Store leftovers chilled.