4 beef fillets
2 ripe tomatoes
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Season the fillets with salt and pepper, season with cumin and oregano.
2. In a large frying pan, heat a tablespoon of oil, add the fillets and sear them over high heat on both sides. Remove and reserve.
3. Cut the onion into thin slices. Remove the skin from the tomatoes and also cut them into slices.
4. In the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil and fry the onion until it crystallizes.
5. Add the tomatoes and sauté for 10 minutes. The idea is to get a juicy sauce. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Add the steaks with their juices, cover them with the sauce, cover and cook over medium/low heat for 5 more minutes.