Now this recipe is the perfect way to use overripe bananas
Have you ever found yourself craving something sweet and comforting, yet also quick and easy to make? Look no further than this delightful recipe for Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas. With just 3 ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you can create a dish that is both satisfying and nostalgic.
This recipe is a clever way of using slightly overripe bananas.
The bananas, perfectly caramelized and coated in a delicate layer of cinnamon sugar, create a heavenly contrast against the soft, creamy centers.
Paired with a dollop of yogurt or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, these pan fried beauties become a decadent symphony of sweet and spicy.
- – 2 bananas, slightly overripe
- – 2 tablespoons of sugar (or brown sugar)
- – 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Start by peeling the bananas and cutting them into ½ inch thick slices. Set them aside.
2. In a bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
3. In a large skillet, coat with cooking spray (can also use butter). Add the banana slices to the skillet, making sure they are in a single layer. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
4. Let the bananas cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they become golden brown and caramelized. Then flip the banana slices and add the sugar mixture to the other side and repeat.
5. Once cooked through, remove the skillet from heat and transfer the pan fried bananas to a serving plate.