Indulge your sweet tooth with this irresistible Salted Caramel Cheesecake, perfect for those who crave the creamy richness of cheesecake paired with the decadent sweetness of caramel. This dessert is a showstopper, featuring a velvety smooth cheesecake filling swirled with ribbons of gooey caramel and finished with a sprinkle of sea salt for that perfect balance of flavors. Easy to make yet impressive in appearance, this Salted Caramel Cheesecake is sure to be a hit at any gathering or special occasion.
Recipe: Salted Caramel Cheesecake
For the crust:
– 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
– 24 ounces (3 packages) cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/4 cup heavy cream
For the salted caramel sauce:
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil to prevent any leaks.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
5. Stir in the sour cream and heavy cream until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
6. Pour the cheesecake filling over the prepared crust in the springform pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
7. To make the salted caramel sauce, heat the granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. The sugar will clump up before melting into a thick amber-colored liquid.
8. Once the sugar has melted completely and turned into caramel, add the butter pieces and stir until melted and well combined.
9. Slowly pour in the heavy cream while stirring continuously. Be careful, as the mixture will bubble up.
10. Continue to cook the caramel sauce for another minute, then remove it from the heat and stir in the sea salt.
11. Drizzle the salted caramel sauce over the cheesecake filling in the springform pan, then use a knife or skewer to gently swirl the caramel into the cheesecake batter.
12. Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan or baking dish. Fill the roasting pan with hot water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the springform pan, creating a water bath.
13. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until the edges are set but the center is slightly jiggly.
14. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool in the oven with the door closed for 1 hour.
15. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely at room temperature. Once cooled, refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
16. Before serving, run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Carefully remove the springform pan sides.
17. Garnish the cheesecake with additional salted caramel sauce and a sprinkle of sea salt.
18. Slice and serve your decadent Salted Caramel Cheesecake, and enjoy the rich, creamy goodness with every bite!
This Salted Caramel Cheesecake is a true delight for cheesecake lovers and caramel enthusiasts alike. With its creamy texture, swirls of caramel, and hint of sea salt, it’s a dessert that’s sure to impress and satisfy even the most discerning sweet tooth.