- 12 large eggs (hard-boiled, cooled & halved)
- 6 slices bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup buttermilk
Step1: Transfer egg yolks from halves to mixing bowl & combine with remaining ingredients.
Step2: Add the sour cream or buttermilk last & use more as needed to reach desired smoothness.
Step3: Spoon yolk mixture into halves.
Step4: The bulk will have grown substantially, so pile it high & “dust” with a sprinkle of paprika.