- 4 salmon fillets, 5 ounces each, skin on
- 2 teaspoons smoked or sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, divided (you can also use olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- lemon wedges, for serving
Using a paring knife, cut a slit on the side of each salmon fillet to create a pocket. Do not cut all the way through.
Raw salmon fillets with pockets
Season salmon fillets with paprika, marjoram, salt, and pepper. Rub in the seasonings with your fingers. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and Cajun seasoning; mix and stir until well incorporated. Taste and adjust accordingly. If you like a spicier filling, add some cayenne pepper.