- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of Italian sausage
- 1 28 Canned crushed tomato ounces
- 2 cans of 6.5 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 can of 6 ounces of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onion. Sauté until tender and add the ground beef and sausage. Cook and crumble until brown and cooked. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, sugar and basil. Simmer over low heat.
In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a medium bowl, add the ricotta, parmesan and egg. Stir until incorporated.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
To make the lasagna, start by spreading 1 cup of meat sauce on the bottom of the pan. Arrange the noodles in a single layer over the meat sauce. Spread 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese over the noodles, then sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers and cover with cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.