- Creamy Crack Chicken Soup
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 to 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 package (8 ounces) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 to 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- sliced green scallions, for garnish
Cook diced bacon to a crisp in a Dutch Oven or soup pot.
Remove bacon from pot with a slotted spoon, leaving bacon grease in the pot.
Add butter to the pot and melt over medium-high heat.
Stir in onions and cook for 3 minutes.
Stir in garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
Add chicken broth and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
Season with garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, chives, salt, and pepper.
Add bay leaf and bring to a boil; lower heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in shredded chicken; cook for 5 minutes.
Add cream cheese and whisk in until completely melted and combined.
Stir in shredded cheese; whisk until melted and thoroughly combined.
Add baby spinach; cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in heavy cream and cook for 1 minute.
Taste for seasonings (salt and pepper) and adjust accordingly. Remove bay leaf.
Remove soup from heat; top with scallions and previously prepared bacon.