Ingredients:Meat Lovers Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- 4 ounce bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups pizza sauce (or marinara sauce)
- 4 large bell peppers, cup in half, seeds removed
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
Cook the bacon, drain and and set it aside. Cook the sausage and onion, breaking the sausage apart as it cooks, before draining.
Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute before removing from heat. Cook the pepperoni and set aside. (optional)
Mix the bacon, sausage, pepperoni, olives and 1/2 of the pizza sauce, and stuff it into the peppers.
Spread the remaining pizza sauce over the bottom of a large baking pan and place the stuffed peppers on top.
Bake, covered in foil, in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the peppers are tender, about 20 minutes, before uncovering, topping with cheese and baking until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
.☆ Thank you all for passing my things around and sharing ☆