- 4 Tbsp cold and unsalted butter
- 10 oz Good quality chocolate (72% cocoa solids)
- 1 1/2 Cups Firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 Whole Eggs (beaten lightly)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
SALTED CARAMEL MOUSSE:
- 1 cup (1 recipe for) Salted caramel sauce
- 2 Tblsp granulated sugar
- 2 packs (1 lb) Cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 cups heavy cream ( half for the caramel mousse and half for the layers) (cold)
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (I like 72 percent cacao)
- 1 cup heavy cream
FUDGE BROWNIE :
To make the Brownies:
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 13×9 inch baking pan.
Combine the butter, chocolate, and sugar in a medium saucepan; stir over medium heat until smooth. Set aside and allow to cool down. Stir in the eggs, vanilla, flour, and salt.
Pour Brownie mix into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes. Take care not to overbake or they can be dry, and not fudgy.
When baked, set aside to go cold until needed. (You can make the brownie 2 days in advance, and it also freezes really well.)
SALTED CARAMEL MOUSSE :
Transfer cream cheese into Kitchen mixer. Beat at medium-high speed until smooth and no lumps, about 4 minutes.
Add in the reserved salted caramel sauce and sugar. Continue to beat on high until fluffy, another 3 minutes., the more air the better your mousse will be.
Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Divide the cream in half, half for the mousse and another half for cream layers.
Fold ½ whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Place in fridge until needed. Taste a spoonful so you know what you have to look forward to.
Place the other bowl of cream in the fridge until assembly of the trifle.
CHOCOLATE SAUCE :
Heat the cream over low heat until almost to a simmer. Pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Set aside.