- ½ cup ancho chile powder
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
– Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C), per in a small bowl until combined.
– Place ribs meat-side down on aluminum foil. Prick back of rib rack several times with a knife.
– Generously apply coating of dry rub to all sides of rib rack.
– With rib rack meat-side down, fold foil around it to create a tight seal. Transfer to sheet pan.
– Bake in preheated oven until tender and cooked through, about 2 hours. Remove and cool 15 minutes.
– Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
– Open foil, drain and discard any accumulated juices and fat. Brush barbeque sauce on all sides of rack.
– Place rack meat-side up and return to oven, leaving foil open. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and brush another layer of barbeque sauce on meat-side only. Repeat baking and brushing with sauce 4 more times, for a total of 50 minutes baking time.
– Cut rack into individual rib segments and serve with more barbeque sauce.