INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- 1 1/2 lb (650g) small baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 package smoked sausage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or butter, or ghee)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium chicken stock (or beef, vegetable…)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice (we used Sriracha)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, optional
1. To make the smoked sausage and potatoes recipe: In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the baby potatoes to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Saute until golden and cooked through, around 10-12 minutes, stirring regularly. Transfer potatoes to a plate and set aside.
2. In the same skillet with remaining tablespoon oil, brown the sliced smoked sausage on all sides for around 5 minutes over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and red bell pepper and season with red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook smoked sausage for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened. Deglaze with 1/4 cup stock, stir in the hot sauce and stir to coat the smoked sausage and veggies.
3. Add the sauteed potatoes back to the skillet and mix everything together to reheat potatoes. Adjust seasoning, garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve the smoked sausage and potatoes immediately with parmesan.