• 8 slices Texas toast , or thick sliced sandwich bread
• 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
• 4 slices medium cheddar cheese
• 4 slices Gouda cheese
• 4 slices Havarti cheese
1. Spread 1/2 Tbsp of butter on one side of each slice of bread.
2. Set a skillet over medium/low heat and place 2 slices of bread in the skillet with the butter-side-down.
3. Stack cheeses on one piece of toast: cheddar, havarti, then gouda.
Once the breads are golden brown, closed the sandwich with the crisp sides on the outside.
4. Continue cooking until the bread is a rich golden brown, flipping once and press down lightly to help the bread stick to the cheese.
Total cooking time should one 5-6 minutes.
Keep the heat on medium low for the breads to toast slowly, giving your cheese a chance to fully melt and adhere to the bread.
5. Once you see the cheese has melted and breads are browned, remove to a plate and cut in half diagonally to serve.
Repeat with the next sandwich.