The benefits of lemon for the body :
Many are looking for ways to get clearer skin and a healthy body, and perhaps one of the effective ways to achieve this is through a simple step, which is adding lemon to drinking water, especially in the morning.
Many nutrition experts recommend drinking “lemon water”, because of its great benefits for the health of the body, including:
- Proper hydration through plain water is essential for overall health, but our bodies require a lot of it throughout the day, and getting enough water can be difficult if you’re someone who needs a little flavor in their drinks, which means it’s easy to become dehydrated without it. be aware of it.
- Dehydration affects the human body negatively, and its most prominent effects include mood changes, high temperature, and difficulty concentrating.
- Lemon water helps prevent dehydration with every sip, giving you more opportunity to get all the benefits of proper hydration, including increased energy and support for heart health.
source of “vitamin C”
- Hot lemon water is a great source of vitamin C, which is essential for your overall health.
- Vitamin C helps support and strengthen the body’s immune system, thus protecting you from colds and viruses.
- The vitamin helps to strengthen cartilage, bones and teeth.
- Vitamin C helps your body form collagen and heal skin wounds safely.
Nutrition experts note that adding half a lemon to a few ounces of water can fulfill up to one-sixth of the recommended daily dose of vitamin C.
Adding fresh lemon juice to cold water (or even filling some ice cube trays with lemon water) is a step that can make all the difference.
Reducing the risk of kidney stones
- Kidney stones can be very painful and affect the urinary system, and there are many reasons behind them, most notably dehydration.
- Drinking more water throughout the day can help reduce your risk of dehydration and related kidney stones, but lemon water takes it one step further.
- The citric acid in lemon water contains citrate, which helps support a healthy urine pH.
- Nutrition experts note the need to speak with a doctor or a nutritionist, “before trying to treat kidney stones with lemon water or other citrus fruits,” according to the “Women’s World” website.
A source of potassium
Regulating and maintaining potassium levels in the body is important, because potassium contributes to the health of many essential systems, including the heart and muscles.
- Early signs of low potassium include cramps and an abnormal heartbeat, and these symptoms can increase and become more concerning if left untreated.
- This is just another reason why you would want to add lemon to the water you drink, as it is rich in potassium and will boost and supplement its levels in the body.
- Lemon water won’t help you lose weight on its own, but it’s a healthy “swap” for sugary drinks, which often contribute to obesity.
- By replacing your morning juice or sweet afternoon coffee with lemon water, you will reduce your sugar intake and help your body lose weight.
- There are many ways in which lemon water can help you get clear skin.
- Proper hydration keeps skin healthy, by regulating levels of sebum (sebum) and detoxifying your skin’s natural microbiome.
- Sebum is an oily, waxy substance produced by the sebaceous glands. It is the primary component of the body’s natural oils. During hormonal or environmental changes, your skin may overproduce sebum, which can contribute to oily skin and clogged pores.
- When you drink enough water, you help balance your sebum production.
- Lemon water contains vitamin C, which helps protect the body from germs and viruses, both on and under the surface of the skin, and it also supports collagen production.
- Lemon water also helps protect the surface of the skin from the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles.
Increase energy levels
The hydration that lemon water provides helps you feel more energized, without crashing in the middle of the day or feeling the other harmful side effects of sweet and caffeinated beverages.
Lemon water is important for hydration, being full of flavonoids and B vitamins, which can boost energy production in the body, and helps it absorb iron (when iron levels drop, you may feel tired, so absorbing iron is vital to powering you through the day).
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of fresh ginger, minced
- Zest of 2 lemons ( about 2 tbsps.)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
Mix the all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.