My Grandma Made this ” Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup “, y’all help me make her day with compliments …Thanks
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion peeled and diced
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 6 cups of peeled & diced Russet potatoes
- 2 cups of your favorite frozen vegetable mix
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
-In a large skillet ,fry the ground beef and onions until the onions are soft and the ground beef browned. Drain the grease.
-Fry the garlic until browned and fragrant. Add the beef mixture to the crockpot or stockpot on the stove.
-Add in the potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil and parsley.
-Cook in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4, or simmer on the stove until the potatoes are tender and starting to dissolve slightly.
-Whisk the cornstarch into the milk, then whisk into the soup. Add the Velveeta and let it melt, stirring occasionally. When it’s melted in completely, spoon into bowls and serve.