- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb – cubed)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or cream (any will do! Higher fat will have a richer flavor)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 375 grams spaghetti (about ¾ pound)
1. Cook spaghetti noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
3. Add onions and peppers, cooking and stirring until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add chicken breast cubes and cook until white on the outside (they don’t necessarily need to brown.
5. Stir in garlic, salt, chili powder and paprika and cook 1 minute.
6. Add flour and stir until no white remains.
7. Stir in broth and milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and cook and simmer until thickened. Stir in shredded cheese and pour over cooked pasta.