- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 4 cups (250g) cremini mushrooms
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups baby spinach (approx. 2 handfuls)
1. Preheat oven to 425F/215C. Poke holes around each potato using a fork (this will help the heat to escape while baking). Wrap each in tin foil and bake in the oven for 40-50, or until you can easily poke through the cooked potatoes with a toothpick.
2. In a skillet add coconut oil, garlic, sliced mushrooms and pinch salt. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
3. Whisk together almond butter, balsamic and lemon juice and pour over mushrooms. Continue cooking until mushrooms are browned and ready to eat, then toss in baby spinach and cook until wilted (2-3 minutes). Slice open baked potatoes and fill with mushroom and spinach medley. Optional to drizzle with vegan gravy.
Vegan plant based for beginners