- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 small sheet of roasted nori seaweed (crumbled) – should be about 1 tablespoon of nori crumbs
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (or more of you like it runnier)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 200g tempeh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for GF option)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Optional: 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 4 cups cos lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup croutons (I used my.salad or you can make your own)
- Nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan for sprinkling
- Optional: vegan coconut bacon
For the Tempeh Bacon:
Marinate the tempeh chunks in the soy sauce, maple syrup and optional liquid smoke. Pan-fry in a non-stick pan on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until caramelised. Remove from the heat and set aside.
For the Dressing:
Whisk together all the ingredients until thick and smooth.
Assemble the Salad:
Into a large bowl, add the lettuce, croutons and tempeh. Drizzle the dressing over the top. Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan or nutritional yeast! Serve!