This mocha cheesecake is extremely creamy with layers of chocolate and coffee cheesecake. With an Oreo cookie crust and chocolate ganache on top, it’s decadent and rich but not too sweet. The perfect grown-up dessert.
This layered mocha cheesecake is incredibly decadent in the best possible way. It starts with a thick Oreo cookie crust as the base. Then there’s a layer of tangy chocolate cheesecake followed by a layer of coffee cheesecake. Chocolate ganache and coffee-infused whipped cream on top make for a truly show stopping dessert. The combination of coffee and chocolate make this cheesecake rich, but too sweet.
It starts with a thick Oreo cookie crust. You’ll crush Oreo cookies until they’re fine crumbs, then mix in melted butter. It will feel a bit like damp sand. Then press the mixture into the bottom and just slightly up the sides of the pan to create a lip. The crust will bake on its own for about 10 minutes, so that it’s nice and crunchy.
For the layers of chocolate and coffee cheesecake I wanted to use the same cheesecake base recipe for both layers, so that you don’t have to make both batters from zero. You’ll make one cheesecake batter – mixing the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Then mixing in the eggs 1 at a time. Then you’ll divide the batter in half. One half becomes the chocolate layer and one half becomes the coffee layer.
You’ll first pour the chocolate layer on top of the crust, and then carefully spoon the coffee layer on top of the chocolate layer. The whole thing then goes into the oven to bake.
Mocha Cheesecake sounds delicious! Here is a basic recipe to prepare a mocha cheesecake with a touch of coffee and chocolate:
Ingredients for the base:
– 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate cookies
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup melted butter
Ingredients for the stuffing:
– 3 packages cream cheese (8 oz each), at room temperature
– 1 cup of sugar
– 3 eggs
– 1/4 cup cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup of strong coffee, chilled
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup melted semisweet chocolate
Ingredients for the topping:
– 1 cup of whipped cream
– 2 teaspoons of instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon of hot water
– Grated chocolate or chocolate chips to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F) and line the bottom of a cheesecake pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the crushed cookies, sugar and melted butter. Press this mixture into the bottom of the mold to form the base.
3. In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
5. Add the cocoa powder, strong coffee, vanilla extract and melted chocolate. Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
6. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the cookie base in the mold.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until the center is almost set but still slightly jiggly.
8. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside with the door ajar for an hour.
9. Next, refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
10. Before serving, prepare the topping by mixing the whipped cream with the dissolved instant coffee. Spread this mixture over the cheesecake.
11. Decorate with grated chocolate or chocolate chips.