Looking for a good way to cook a New York strip steak? We have all the answers in this collection of the 20 BEST EVER New York Strip Steak Recipes. Learn all the secrets to cooking the perfect New York strip on the grill, on the stove, in the oven, and even in the air fryer!
No matter your preferred cooking method, the steak recipes in this list will walk you through every possible chef’s trick for seasoning steaks, tell you how many minutes per side to cook NY strips to get to the desired temperature, and so much more.
• 2 New York strip steaks
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Garlic cloves (optional)
• Fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, or parsley, optional)
• Remove the steaks from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature.
• Preheat your grill or skillet to high heat. You want a very hot cooking surface.
• Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides. If desired, you can add minced garlic and fresh herbs to enhance the flavor.
• Drizzle a little oil over the steaks to prevent sticking.
• Place the steaks on the hot grill or skillet. Sear them for about 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare (adjust the time for your desired level of doneness).
• If using a skillet, you can add a pat of butter during the last minute of cooking and baste the steaks with it.
• Remove the steaks from the heat and let them rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
• Slice and serve your perfect New York strip steak with your favorite side dishes.