- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into coins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 2 cups frozen diced southern style potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced
Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Brown sausage on both cut sides. Set aside.
Turn down to medium heat. Add a tablespoon of butter to the skillet and add frozen diced potatoes. Cover and cook for 10 – 12 minutes stirring occasionally and adding butter if the skillet gets dry. When potatoes are done cooking set aside.
Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to skillet over medium heat. Add sliced peppers and onions and stir occasionally until lightly browned, about 7 – 9 minutes.
Return potatoes and sausage to the skillet until warmed and serve.