- 2 (14.5 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup store-bought refrigerated tomato salsa* or left-over homemade salsa
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, pressed through a garlic crusher
- 8 (6-inch) yellow corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded romaine lettuce, shredded Mexican blend cheese, diced tomatoes
In a medium saucepan combine black beans, salsa, chili powder and cumin. Simmer mixture for about 5 -10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slightly mash beans if desired.
Meanwhile in a food processor pulse together avocado, Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice and garlic until cilantro is finely minced. Season with salt and pepper to taste (if you want the sauce thinner you can add in 1 Tbsp water).
To assemble tacos, on each tortilla layer black bean mixture, avocado cilantro lime crema, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Serve immediately.