- 8 Eggs (separate them into whites and yolks)
- 60g low gluten flour (preferred)
- 60g corn flour (corn starch)
- 40g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20g cornstarch
- 70g corn oil
- 140g dark chocolate chips
- 100g of fresh milk
- 4g lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 110g of Sugar
1. PART I: In a bowl, mix the low-gluten flour, corn flour, cocoa powder and cornstarch. To avoid lumps, I recommend sifting these ingredients together.
2. Heat the corn oil in the microwave for 1 and a half minutes, reaching approximately 90°C (If you wish, you could use other lighter oils such as canola oil). Pour the oil into the dry ingredient mixture from the previous step and mix them well with the help of a whisk.
3. Add 20g dark chocolate chips and mix gently until the chocolate has completely melted (this may take about 2 or 3 minutes). If the chips are too large, you may need to pre-chop them.
4. Immediately add 40g of fresh milk and mix well. Add the yolks of the 8 eggs and mix well.
5. Now we are going to finish adding the rest of the milk little by little (until 100g in total), taking into account that it is absorbed by the dough.
6. PART II: You will need to whip the egg whites. To do this, place the egg whites in a tall bowl and add 4g of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Beat them and add the sugar little by little, in 3 parts. Continue beating until you reach stiff peaks.
7. Now add the whipped egg whites to the mixture obtained in PART I. To do this you must divide the egg whites and add them in 3 stages while integrating them into the dough with a spatula and gentle surrounding movements. When the mixture is homogeneous, add 100g of chocolate chips and mix well.
8. To bake we will use an 8-inch square pan. We must cover it with baking paper, holding the corners with some hooks. Pour the mixture into the mold and add more chocolate chips on the surface, about 20g.
9. Baking will be in a bain-marie, for which you must add water at 70°C in a tray under the mold. Bake at 155°C for about 65 minutes. Don’t forget to preheat the oven.
10. Finally, let the cake cool, remove the paper and enjoy.