- 500g (4 cups) plain flour
- 50g (1/4 cup) sugar
- 10g fresh yeast
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 1 orange (zest)
- 1 egg
- 210ml (3/4 cup) of water
- 4g of salt
- 40g butter (soft)
- Hazelnut cream
- oil for frying
1. In a bowl add the flour, sugar, yeast, lemon (zest), orange (zest), egg, water, salt and butter and mix. When the dough begins to form, knead with your hands to obtain a smooth dough. Cover with cling film and let rise for 2 hours, or until doubled in volume.
2. Once the time has elapsed, divide the dough into two halves. Extend the first half and with the heart mold (mold size 10cm) make the shapes.
3. Transfer to the parchment lined baking sheet and pierce the center with the smaller heart shaped pan. Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for 1 hour.
4. Extend the other half of the dough and divide it into several parts. Spread the hazelnut cream on a piece of the dough and cover with another, sealing the edges well.
5. Cut out the dough with the heart mold and transfer them to the baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for 1 hour.
6. After the time, transfer them to the pan with hot oil and fry until golden.
7. Coat the heart-shaped fritters with sugar and serve