- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 package of chocolate fudge instant pudding (dry)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk (for filling)
- 2 cups heavy cream (for frosting)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (for frosting)
- ½ cup chocolate instant pudding mix (for frosting)
- 16 Oreos (crushed, for topping)
- 9 Milano cookies (for topping)
- 6 Ghost Peeps (for topping)
- 12 candy pumpkins (for topping)
- Sprinkles (optional, for topping)
- Black gel icing (for writing, optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch cake pan.
Prepare the cake mix as per the instructions and transfer to the prepared pan.
Bake for 28-32 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
Poke holes all over the top with the handle of a wooden spoon.
Whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes, then allow to thicken slightly.
Spread the pudding over the top of the cake.
Whisk together the frosting ingredients until thick and fluffy.
Spread the frosting over the top of the cake.
Sprinkle the Oreo crumbs over the top of the cake.
Write R.I.P. on the Milano cookies to make tombstones and press them into the frosting.
Press the ghost Peeps and candy pumpkins into the frosting.
Add sprinkles if desired.